Tuesday, August 16, 2005

As of 16 August 2005

I started fishing on 27 March of this year. Things started off slow, with just a few fish the first week or two. In April I caught 94 Bass, mostly spotted bass with a few largemouth. May was another good month with about 78 fish. June I did alright, but it was sporadic. July was the same. As the water heated up, at first my numbers went up but as the water temp hit 80 degrees things really begin to slow down. As of this printing I have caught 302 bass. I hope that as the water cools down in late August and September my numbers will pickup.
Most fish have been caught on a Gary Yamamoto 5" Cutail worm and 5" Senko, with about 75 fish coming on a combination of Rapala's, Spooks, POP-R's and crankbaits. Most of these fish have been caught in less that 30 ft of water, with a good average of about 10 feet. Some fish early were caught over 40 to 50 feet of water, but the bait was hit on the fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home