Monday, December 03, 2007

Use of maps











The site below is a good site to mark your fish so at a later date you can go back and see where you caught fish, what you caught them on, when you caught them, and how deep they were.
When you name your icon, I use 3dec 2sp wrm 58f, 3 dec being the date, 2sp being 2 spotted bass, wrn being I caught the fish on a worm, and 58f being how deep the fish were. You save that map to my maps and next year or this year you can see where you caught fish in that month. I catch fish in the same places year after year with the same type of bait. This way you can establish a milk run, so you can hit all of the places, one after the other to see which sites the fish are feeding on. Remember just because the fish are not feeding on a spot when you check it, does not mean, that they will not move up on the spot or start feeding in that spot later in the day. I hope this helps, remember catch and release. The icons and how you mark your maps is located in the bottom left under fun tools. Click on fun tools and it will walk you through the steps. One drawback is you can only make one mark on that map. I use just the arrow where I can use the point of the arrow to be specific on where I mark, with the point of the arrow. This map is of my lake but all you do is put your zip or location in the top left and your lake will come up.
Go to maptech.com click on online maps, then click on maptech mapserver enter you location and get your map.